We have some exciting news! The Five Progenitor Sheldon Family Trees are now available on our website! If you are a paid member of the SFA, you are now able to search for and view Sheldon ancestors in our database. Search for and find ancestors you never knew you had! It is an absolute treasure chest of information.
Here are some explanations about this new, never before offered benefit for our members:
- You must be logged in to see the trees. Instructions are on our website if you haven’t logged in and created a profile yet. https://sheldonfamily.org/member-log-in-instructions/
- You can search the database by name or choose one of the 5 trees and view starting from that progenitor. Clicking on a specific name will show you all the notes we have on that person. We’ve even left old original genealogist comments viewable so that you can see the history of the research.
- Living people are private and show only as “living”.
- If we don’t have a birth date and the person is not marked as deceased, they will show as “living” and will be private. You can help all of us by reporting updates for people in the tree.
- Check out the Timeline feature when you look at an ancestor’s details. Included are historical events that would have influenced your ancestor’s daily lives.
- At this time we’ve only included names attached to the five progenitors in these trees. Unattached SFA members may be in our database, but not included here.
- On-line trees will be updated monthly with any refreshed data we’ve accumulated since the last upload.
We have worked hard to make sure that your privacy is protected and respected. This is why the trees are not downloadable. If you see anything that should be corrected please let us know by sending an email to our research team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all so much for your continued interest and support of the Sheldon Family Association. We really appreciate it. Hope to see you in Boston in August for our Annual Meeting and Reunion! Links to register will be posted soon on the website.
Michael B. Sheldon