As you can see, we have a new SFA website that is also a communication channel. It has fantastic and exciting improvements. One of the most significant improvements is that we created a long overdue and needed private “membership only” portal where you can:
- Create your profile and make changes to your information making it easier to stay in touch with SFA and SFA members.
- You can see when your membership expires and renew your membership more easily.
- The “members only” sections give you private access to:
- Discounted SFA publications (and Sheldon Places has been revised!)
- Exclusive Sheldon Places Map with cross-references to Sheldon progenitors, Sheldon ancestors, SFA researched history, SFAQ articles about a place, and website links.
- The ability to join group chats on various Sheldon topics where you can discuss, ask questions, and/or create your own groups.
- Social interaction – “friend” members and send private or public messages
- Post questions in forums
- Have all SFAQ newsletters at your fingertips to research
- Obtain announcements from myself and others that are for our members only
- Have personal access to the SFA Bylaws, Annual Meeting minutes, and names of officers.
You may ask why this was needed? The answer is that more and more unwanted persons have used the information on the site to make improper solicitations or pilfer information over the last several years.
Yet SFA knows and feels that the world should know about us. Therefore, the public site will retain many of the previous items it had before, such as information about the progenitors, the ability to purchase SFA articles, the ability to join SFA and view public announcements.
We hope that you will be pleased by the updated site, and we highly recommend you use it to keep up to date about SFA and grow your genealogy database!
To get started, go to SheldonFamily.org as you would have before (the old website is gone and replaced by this one) and click on the Log In link in the upper right corner. When you see the username/password field, click on the “Lost Password” link and enter your email address. If we have your email address in our system, a password reset link will be sent to your email, and then you can enter a password of your choice and set up your profile which will already be pre-populated with any information we have on hand about your membership. You will be able to make address changes, etc., as you set up your profile.
If you have any issues requesting a new password or setting up your profile, please send an email to email@example.com.
Thank you again for your support throughout the year. Please click around on the website. There is information about the 2022 Annual Meeting/Reunion, an update on recent Board actions, and many fun things to check out.
In SFA Friendship,
The SFA Board of Directors and Michael B Sheldon, President
Please note: future emails from us will come from this new website and no longer from MailChimp.